Schedule for Art2Art: Dear Evan Hansen (Spring 2019)
Deadline to submit application: Sunday, April 21, 11:59pm
Workshop: Tuesday, May 14, from 4:30-6:30pm
Attend Dear Evan Hansen Performance: Tuesday, May 21, from 6-10pm
Art due to ArtsConnection: by Friday, June 7 @ 5pm
Celebration: Tuesday, June 25 @ 5pm
In partnership with Dear Evan Hansen. Thank you to the generous support of Carole Shorenstein Hays who made this program possible.
Dear Evan Hansen
Allison Whorton, Program Manager
Open to current 9th-12th graders in NYC public schools
2018-2019 season is now closed. Check back in the fall!
Students who have not previously seen Dear Evan Hansen are encouraged to apply.
See Theater. Be Inspired. Create Art.
Art2Art: Dear Evan Hansen is a unique experience open to visual artists from NYC public high schools where you’ll draw inspiration from a Tony and Grammy Award winning musical currently on Broadway.
Dear Evan Hansen, the winner of six Tony Awards including Best Musical, is the deeply personal and profoundly contemporary musical about life and the way we live it. A letter that was never meant to be seen, a lie that was never meant to be told, a life he never dreamed he could have. Evan Hansen is about to get the one thing he’s always wanted: a chance to finally fit in.
As an Art2Art participant, you will:
- Have a profound theater experience
- Be richly inspired to create art that’s personal
- Meet fellow teen artists from across the city at an interactive workshop led by theater professionals
- Attend a live performance of Dear Evan Hansen (which will include a talkback with members of the cast/creative team)
- Have your artwork professionally framed and displayed in the Music Box Theatre as well as an online gallery
Think of this program as a space to explore your artistic voice. There are no wrong answers. The art you create is a result of your own unique experience seeing the Broadway musical. No previous theater experience necessary. Check out some past Art2art art here: art2art.dearevanhansen.com