- Attend a Broadway or Off-Broadway show, a dance or musical performance
- Curate an art exhibition
- Exhibit your artwork in a fancy Midtown office
- Publish an article on our online blog, The JAR
Be An Explorer
- Discover classic films each month
- Catch a show of an art form you’ve never seen
- Visit a professional artist studio
- Travel to a neighborhood you’ve never visited
- Make a ton of new friends
- Land an internship or a fellowship
- Gain leadership skills
- Be an active participant in the city’s arts and cultural scene
- Get to know artists, professionals, and other like-minded teens
Get High 5 Tix
High 5 Tickets to the Arts is ArtsConnection Teen Program’s affordable access to the City’s professional dance, music, theater, film, and visual arts for only $5 a ticket. Click here if you’re in 6th – 12th grade anywhere in the world and want to see a show or visit a museum. Best deal in NYC! Can I get a High 5?
Apply to a Program
Apply to a Program: This is the up-to-date place to find open applications to our FREE programs. Click here to be a part of our crew.
- Teens Reviewers and Critics
- Student Art Program
- Teens Curate Teens
- Teen Advisory Council
- Pizza and a Movie
- Map Free City
Art2Art: Dear Evan Hansen
Art2Art: Dear Evan Hansen is a unique experience open to visual artists from NYC public high schools where you’ll draw inspiration from a Tony and Grammy Award winning musical currently on Broadway.
- What to expect:
- Participate in an interactive theater/visual arts workshop
- Attend a performance of Dear Evan Hansen
- Create a piece of art in response to the musical
Teens Curate Teens: Artist
As a Teens Curate Teens Artist, you will:
• Apply to have your artwork be a part of a group exhibition
• Have the option to create a site specific piece by submitting a proposal
• Create original artwork in any medium—from a painting to an installation piece that reflects your personal perspective responding to the theme
Pizza and a Movie
As a PaaM teen you will:
Decide what we watch – 3 movies. 1 vote. Mob rules.
Eat delicious pizza on us!
After the movie, talk with other film-loving teens
Have an opportunity to be a featured author in The Slice, our monthly teen movie review on our online blog – The JAR
*RSVP below for April 5*.
Latest from The JAR
The Journal of Art and Reviews (JAR) is a blog which features creative content by young people participating in ArtsConnection Teen Programs. With content for teens by teens, we hope to create an online space that inspires, empowers, and enlightens youth by sharing information, highlighting artists, and creating an online community in the realm of arts and culture.
The Slice: March’s Pizza and a Movie NightMarch 8, 2019
March’s Pizza and a Movie Night looks for the Game Changer in all of us. Here were the choices: And the winner…Read More