Film/Video | Music | Multi-Arts Poetry/Spoken Word | Theater
If you are curious about collaborating with and connecting to other creative teens that represent a cross-section of the talent and creativity in the NYC public schools, this program is for you!
This is a free online after-school program for High School teens who want to explore narrative, world-building and character development using a multidisciplinary approach, working with performance, moving image, visual arts and more to create and tell stories collaboratively.
All workshops are live, on zoom, meeting in 16 sessions after school, no special equipment needed and accessible for all mobile and desktop devices.
- All interested 10-12 graders are encouraged to apply
- NYC Public High School Teens in 10-12 grade
- Complete the application and attend a group interview in January
- Available for all 16 workshop dates
- Priority may be given to teens who have participated previously in any ArtsConnection Teen Programs
- Work with a small group of NYC teens and professional artists Omar Perez and Tiffany Barrett
- Choose the themes and stories you will tell collaboratively
- Bring your artistic skills in any discipline
- Explore a multi-disciplinary approach to the art-making process
- Meet with arts-industry professionals
- Receive skill-building workshops in digital media and performance
- Receive a $100 Blick gift card for materials
- Receive a $140 stipend upon completion of the program
Check out the Arts-Making TRaC 2021 Virtual Gallery: Changing Systems