Collage | Digital Media | Drawing | Painting | Photography
Student Art Program
STUDENT ART PROGRAM (SAP)
STUDENT | TEACHER
Take your art to the next level! EXHIBIT YOUR ARTWORK!
Do you love to make art? Great! Now show it—submit your artwork in response to themes throughout the year for a chance to be part of a group exhibition and receive awards.
Student Art Program Artists will:
- Submit a drawing, painting, photo, print, or collage – art in any medium that can be framed.
- Write a short statement about how your work responds to the theme
- Build your portfolio through our prompts 2-3 times each year
- If your art is selected; have your work exhibited in one of our corporate partners’ office spaces
- Connect with a community of teen artists from all over NYC
- Be awarded a $100 gift card from BLICK Art Materials;
- Be a VIP guest at the opening reception and award ceremony – where you can bring your family, see your work, meet other teen artists, and celebrate your accomplishments!
Do you teach art or work with NYC Public School students in grades 6-12?
Are you looking for opportunities for the young people you work with to exhibit their artwork?
If your student is selected to exhibit, you will:
- attend an opening reception and award ceremony with your student
- connect with a community of teachers and student artists
- receive a $100 Blick gift card (1-per exhibition)
Students can fill out the online application on their own. But we highly recommend students to submit work with their teacher.
To APPLY WITH your student(s):
- Review Application Preview above
- Log In & Apply via online application
- Create your profile if you have not already done so
- Print a receipt, attach to original artwork and submit the artwork in person or by mail
THANK YOU for the work that you do with your students. You are an important resource and guide for them at every stage of their artwork development and their application process. Feel free to share this opportunity with your colleagues.