Careers | Dance | Digital Media Film/Video | Graphic Design Multi-Arts | Music Photography | Theater | Writing
ONTRAC: COLLEGE AND CAREER READINESS
MENTORS | MENTEES
Create your path to a career in the arts! OnTRaC is a FREE after school program where teens learn how to prepare themselves for a career in the arts. Teens meet once a week to learn about the college application process and develop their skills in leadership for future opportunities. Teens who successfully complete the program receive a $140 stipend. Inquire at your school for possible credit.
OnTRaC teens will:
- Learn about the college application process, including writing skills and financial aid.
- Tour an arts program at a local college and gain insight on the best practices for applying to arts programs after high school.
- Visit arts-focused companies to learn about different career opportunities and options.
- Create a portfolio consisting of a resume, cover letter, and personal essay.
ONE-ON-ONE MENTORSHIP WITH INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALS
Past mentors have included: an Emmy-Winning Television producer, professional artists exhibiting in galleries across the city, and music producers from Sony.
BUILD YOUR NETWORK THROUGH PANELS AND EVENTS
Panelists have included: Lexington Philharmonic, New Victory Theater, Silvergate Media, and NBC Universal.
As a mentor, you will:
- Connect with an NYC teen interested in pursuing art college and/or arts career.
- Support your mentee to define their pathway.
- Share best practices for college portfolio and job application process
- …and much more!
MENTOR THE NEXT GENERATION OF ARTISTS & ARTS PROFESSIONALS!
OnTRaC Mentors act as a guide and resource for OnTRaC Mentees as they learn important skills and lessons in preparation for college and/or a career in the arts. Mentors play an incredibly important role in encouraging mentees to chase their dreams while helping them define their college and career objectives. Become an OnTRaC Mentor and enjoy the opportunity to significantly impact a young person’s development!
WHO CAN APPLY TO BE A MENTOR?
Professionals from the arts, creative, and entertainment industries are eagerly encouraged to apply knowing that we’re committed to creating a mentor cohort that reflects the diversity of the community of young people we work with throughout the NYC public school system.