Digital Media | Film/Video | Mixed Media | Multi Arts | Poetry/Spoken Word | Painting | Photography | Writing
TEENS CURATE TEENS (TCT)
What Matters to You? Make a statement. Tell a story. Curate an exhibition that not only demands attention but also sends a message that resonates with you and your community.
TCT (Teens Curate Teens): An exhibition that is for teens and by teens. TCT brings together NYC high school artists and curators to produce a public, group art exhibition based on a subject selected by teens. Past themes have included: mental health, gun violence, and Black Lives Matter.
- NYC Public High School Teens grades 10-12 or teens ages 15-19
- Available for all curator workshop dates.
- No exhibition experience is necessary.
As a TCT Curator, you will:
- Visit Galleries in NYC and learn the ins and outs of curating and installing an exhibition.
- Meet with your team of curators once a week for twelve weeks to create an original exhibition for teens by teens.
- Unveil a month-long group show for all to see.