Art Form: Multi Arts | Careers | Graphic Design | Film/Video | Digital Media | Poetry/Spoken Word | Photography | Music
Schedule: 5 sessions, 1 per week, 4:30-6pm
Format: Virtual (Zoom)
Eligibility: Open to ages 14-19 or grades 9-12
Explore new art skills or develop those you have!
Our virtual Skill-Building workshops connect you with a group of teens from around NYC and professional teaching artists while you try new skills or develop those you have in 5 consecutive sessions.
Build creative skillsets for your projects, and expand your resume for next steps in your creative career.
- All workshops are live, on Zoom, meeting in 5 sessions after school, 4:30-6pm
- No special equipment needed.
- Accessible for all mobile and desktop devices.
Here’s what to expect:
- Explore new art skills or develop those you have
- Work in a small group of teens with a professional artist
- 5 – FREE, fun sessions
- Meet on Zoom 4:30-6PM
Five Mondays,10/24, 10/31, 11/7, 11/14, 11/21
- Write code and see your visuals immediately
- Build and improve your skills in: coding to create visuals, interactive visuals, animation,
- Make personal and collaborative projects
- Learn about careers in computational media
2. Spoken Word/Visual Poetry with Ayling Dominguez, poet, creative, abolitionist, community-nurturer
Five Tuesdays 10/18, 10/25, 11/1, 11/15, 11/22
- Build and improve your skills and confidence in Spoken Word, and a wide range of poetic forms including: visual poetry, generative poetry
- Create text and image collages using @Canva
- Connect with other creatives to hear or perform poetry in NYC
3. Graffiti 101 with Carlos Jesus Martinez AKA FEEGZ, professional graffiti artist.
Five Wednesdays 10/19, 10/26, 11/2, 11/9, 11/16, 4:30-6pm
- Build and improve your skills in: basic lettering forms, fonts, Block, Bubble, Blow ups to Freestyle
- Create your Tag, Connect to history of writing and activism,
- Learn about history of Graffiti in NYC
- Develop your own project choosing from your array of skills
4. Self Care Visual Arts with Angel Thompson, creative artist.
Five Tuesdays 11/15, 11/22, 11/29, 12/6, 12/13, 4:30-6pm
- Explore thought mazes, inside voice objects, art journalling, altars and more
- Practice a focusing / grounding activity and create an art project in each session
- Work with materials found in your home or environment
- Create artwork connected to Self-Care, Resilience, Joy and Community Care