ArtsPartner: The Acting Company
On-stage tickets are now available! But hurry – they’ll be gone before you know it!
“CRITIC’S PICK: A coup! Brings the feuds that roiled the radical black-liberation movement of the 1960s to vivid life.” – New York Times
The assassination of Malcolm X—both the story we think we know and illuminating details that have seldom been shared—is brought to vivid, lyrical life in award-winning writer Marcus Gardley’s new play. Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar provides a framework for Gardley to deepen our understanding of one of America’s most complex, compelling historical figures and explore the tumultuous landscape of ideology and activism in the 1960s.
On-stage Seating: A unique audience experience on-stage during performances of X: Or, Betty Shabazz vs. The Nation: audience members as The Jury
**Please Note: Recommended age 13 and up. Children below the age of 8 years old will not be permitted in the theatre. Run Time: 2 Hours including a 10 Minute Intermission.**
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS ABOUT AUDIENCE EXPECTATIONS FOR ON-STAGE SEATING BEFORE PURCHASING TICKETS:
Audience expectations for seats on-stage
• There is no late seating; On-stage audience ticket holders should arrive at least 30 minutes before start time.
• There will be a brief overview with the Staff Director/Company Manager 5 minutes before curtain.
• You will have limited restroom access: i.e. no re-seating outside of intermission.
• Onstage audience members are encouraged to laugh, clap, cry, etc. There is no interactive expectation except to be a good audience!
• If at any point you know you will be unable to attend the show, it is imperative that you let us know in advance so we can alert our arts partner.
Visit theactingcompany.org for more info!
- February 14, 2018